Eric Pedersen is a lawyer practicing in Velletta & Company's civil litigation department. Mr. Pedersen has worked with the civil litigation department to achieve successful outcomes for individuals and businesses in the areas of:
• Personal injury and motor vehicle claims;
• Commercial litigation;
• Real estate litigation;
• General insurance litigation;
• Disability insurance litigation; and
• Estate litigation.
In addition to these areas, Mr. Pedersen regularly advises individuals and businesses on employment, human rights, labour, and debtor creditor law.
Mr. Pedersen studied law at the University of Victoria, where he was awarded the Gowlings Prize in Intellectual Property and Technology Law.
Mr. Pedersen's previous experience includes:
- managing a large scale litigation project with the Civil Litigation Group at the Ministry of Attorney General;
- contributing to the Office of the Ombudsperson's report into Senior's Care;
- successfully arguing appeals of government decisions, representing clients at tribunal hearings, and assisting clients with disability claims, as an advocate at a shelter in Vancouver's Dowtown Eastside, and as a volunteer disability advocate in Victoria.
Mr. Pedersen has appeared in Supreme Court and Provincial Court, and has established himself as an effective advocate for individuals and businesses seeking to resolve disputes and achieve justice.
Outside the practice of law, Mr. Pedersen enjoys playing music and dancing Argentine tango.