Our lawyers possess the necessary skills and experience to assist employees in a variety of employment and labour disputes. We take a client-centred approach when advising on all matters, whether it be a workplace harassment issue, possible constructive dismissal claim, or review of a severance package. Our goal is to work with you to achieve the best possible resolution to meet both your personal and professional goals, both during and after employment.
Our Employment Law services include:
- Review and advice on employment, confidentiality and non-competition agreements, releases;
- Consultation and advice on various issues falling under the provincial Employment Standards Act and regulations;
- Negotiating severance packages;
- Discussion of benefits and tax issues arising at termination;
- Employment Insurance benefits and appeals;
- Advice and representation on wrongful and constructive dismissal claims;
- Preparation of submissions and representation for both human rights and labour relations complaints (both provincial and federal);
- Working in Canada applications (see our Immigration section for more details);
- Review of company policies (e.g. discipline provisions, probation, termination, workplace bullying or harassment).
Our Labour Law services include:
- Collective agreement interpretation;
- Consultation and advice on various issues falling under the provincial and federal Labour Codes;
- Human rights claims (both provincial and federal)Representation at provincial and federal labour relations board and human rights tribunals.
Other services include:
- Advice on Workers’ Compensation claims;
- Pension and benefits reviews.